How to install Nibbleblog manually
This article describes how to manually install the Nibbleblog blogging application on your A2 Hosting account. Nibbleblog is a fast, streamlined application designed exclusively for blogging.
If you have a managed hosting account, you can use Softaculous in cPanel
to guide you through the Nibbleblog installation process. A manual installation is only needed for special scenarios, such as when you want to install a particular version or have a semi-managed server.
Nibbleblog is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts, and the installation process is straightforward.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install Nibbleblog manually, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to http://www.nibbleblog.com, and then click .
- Download the latest stable installation .zip file to your local computer.
- Extract the .zip file on your computer.
- Use FTP to upload the contents of the extracted nibbleblog-v4.0.5 directory to the public_html directory of your A2 Hosting account.
- This step assumes that you want to install Nibbleblog in your account's document root directory. If you want to install Nibbleblog in a subdirectory, upload the files to the subdirectory instead.
- The exact name of the extracted Nibbleblog directory may differ based on the version you download.
Use your web browser to go to the Nibbleblog installation URL. The Welcome to Nibbleblog page appears.
If you uploaded the Nibbleblog files to the document root directory, the installation URL is your domain name (for example, http://www.example.com). If you uploaded the Nibbleblog files to a subdirectory, add the subdirectory's name to the URL.
- In the Language list box, select the language you want to use for the Nibbleblog interface.
- In the Blog title text box, type a title for your blog. The title appears in the title bar of users' web browsers when they visit your site.
- In the Blog slogan text box, type a slogan for your blog. The slogan appears with the title in the title bar of users' web browsers when they visit your site.
- In the Administrator username text box, type a username for the administrator.
- In the Administrator password text box, type a password for the administrator.
- In the Administrator e-mail text box, type the administrator's e-mail address.
- Click Installation complete page appears. Click the provided URLs to visit your site or log in.
For more information about Nibbleblog, please visit http://www.nibbleblog.com.