Akismet | How To Install WordPress Akismet Plugin?
This article describes how to install the Akismet plugin for WordPress. Akismet helps protect WordPress sites from comment and trackback spam.
Akismet is a WordPress plugin. You must install WordPress on your site before you can install Akismet. For information about how to install WordPress, please see this article
How To Install WordPress Akismet Plugin?
Akismet is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts. However, you must install it manually.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install Akismet, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress site as the administrator.
- In the left-hand pane, click Plugins.
- Under Akismet, click Activate.
- Click Activate your Akismet account, and then click Create a new Akismet key. Follow the instructions to create a key.
- After you receive the Akismet confirmation e-mail message, go to the WordPress plugins page again.
- Under Akismet, click Settings.
- Click I already have a key.
- In the Akismet API Key text box, paste the API key that you received in the e-mail message.
- To configure Akismet, click Settings under Akismet.
For more information about Akismet, please visit http://akismet.com.