How To Setup PayPal To Receive Payments On WordPress
This article describes how to set up PayPal payments for a WordPress site using the WooCommerce extension. This configuration enables you to process customer payments securely and help ensure PCI compliance.
This article assumes that you have already installed the WooCommerce plugin for WordPress. For information about how to do this, please see this article
. (For information about how to install WordPress, please see this article
Configuring PayPal payments
After you install the WooCommerce extension, you can configure PayPal payments for your store. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress site as the administrator.
- In the left-hand pane, click WooCommerce, and then click Settings.
- Click the Checkout tab.
- Under Payment Gateways, locate PayPal, and then click .
- Under Enable/Disable, confirm that the Enable PayPal standard check box is selected.
- In the Title text box, specify the title text you want to appear for the PayPal option during checkout.
- In the Description text box, specify a description to appear when customers select PayPal as their payment method during checkout.
- Specify the remaining payment, shipping, and gateway testing options, and then click
For more information about these settings, hover your mouse pointer over the question mark (?) icon.
For general information about PayPal, please visit https://www.paypal.com.