Nuestra base de conocimientos sólo está disponible actualmente en inglés. Estamos en el proceso de traducir estas páginas y las publicaremos cuando estén disponibles.
Mozilla Thunderbird Email | How To Set Up Thunderbird Email?
This article demonstrates how to set up Mozilla Thunderbird to access an A2 Hosting e-mail account. If you have not already installed Mozilla Thunderbird, you can download it by visiting http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird.
This article assumes that you have already created at least one e-mail account for your domain. If you have not done this, please see this article to learn how to create an e-mail account using cPanel.
This article also assumes that you have some basic familiarity with e-mail protocols (SMTP, IMAP, and POP). If you are unfamiliar with these protocols, please read this article first before you try to set up a client e-mail application.
Setting up Mozilla Thunderbird Email
To configure Mozilla Thunderbird to work with your A2 Hosting e-mail account, follow these steps:
- Start Thunderbird.
- On the Account Settings dialog box appears.
menu, click . The
- Click Account Actions, and then click Add Mail Account. The Mail Account Setup dialog box appears.
- In the Your name text box, type the name that you want to appear on messages you send.
- In the Email address text box, type the e-mail address of the account that you created in cPanel.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the e-mail account that you created in cPanel.
- If you do not want to retype the account password every time you start Thunderbird, select the Remember password check box.
. Thunderbird automatically detects the mail server settings for the account. If Thunderbird is unable to detect the settings, make sure that you typed the correct e-mail address in step 5.
By default, Thunderbird selects IMAP with SSL/TLS for the incoming mail server, and SMTP with SSL/TLS for the outgoing mail server. If you want to change any of these settings, click
. Thunderbird verifies the password that you provided in step 6.
- To close the Account Settings dialog box, click .
- To retrieve messages from the account immediately, click Get Mail. Thunderbird downloads the messages for the account.
For more information about Mozilla Thunderbird, please visit http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird.
- Introduction to e-mail protocols
SMTP, POP3, IMAP… this article introduces fundamental e-mail protocols. If you are new to setting up e-mail accounts, we recommend you start here.
- Accessing e-mail accounts with client applications
This article provides information you need for setting up a client application to access an e-mail account on an A2 Hosting server. Although this method requires more configuration than using webmail, it also offers more features.
- Troubleshooting e-mail accounts
Are you having trouble accessing your account or sending messages? This article shows several ways to troubleshoot e-mail accounts.